If you are going to be due for your delivery soon, use this as your checklist to prepare for the day you are going to be the happiest and the tiredest (if that is even a word!!).
Do everything we told you previously.
- Rest well, maybe even more than you did in the past months of your pregnancy.
- Meditate whenever you can.
- Eat the right foods. No overeating (eat for 1.2, not for 2).
- Continue doing simple chores (maybe simpler ones too). Example
- Don't dry clothes, but fold them
- Move in and around your home (you're hopefully on your maternity leave and not going to work)
- Peel and chop fruits and vegetables, even if you don't cook
But, you probably want to do these as well…
- If this is your first baby, pamper your husband/partner as much as you can. You're going to not get the time or energy for it when your baby arrives.
- If this is your second baby, pamper your baby #1 a lot and talk to him/her about how you will get busy when the new baby comes, but that you will always love him/her.
- If this is your third baby, you must … Oh, you know the drill!
- Prepare your hospital bag. Throw in your comfortable pyjamas or a loose maxi, nursing bras, toiletries, slip-ons, towels, gadgets and their chargers (you can skip this if you want), snacks you crave for, etc.
- Prepare your baby bag. Onesies, sleepers, blankets, diapers, wet wipes, etc. Make your list.
- Ensure that the crib is ready for your baby to slip right in.
- Do not spare your freezer. Fill it with cooked and yet-to-be-cooked food. You're not going to find the time to cook or shop in the first few days of your little one coming along.
- And after all this, relax. Take a chill pill. You're going through a priceless phase. Cherish it.